Print this post

2/4/13

Words Matter



Not often, but there have been a few select times I’ve had the opportunity to attend Prayer Conferences and like so many others, I’ve had the divine privilege to sit in those meetings for a few days at the feet of some of the Generals of Prayers, such as Lynne Hammond, Patsy Cameneti and Rachel Teafatiller.  It has been during those times that not only have these precious women of God taught me, but I’ve also ‘caught’ things in prayer.  So many outstanding statements have been made during the course of the Prayer Sessions.  Here’s one outstanding statement made by Rachel Teafatiller during a Prayer Session in 2001 that has lodged deep within me and this word has found a home in my heart.  I’d like to share it with you:

“Honey, you gotta keep your eyes open and your mouth shut a lot and you’ve got to listen.  Now’s the time, we got to listen to what we say, what comes out of our mouth, because you’re going to walk in a day that everything that comes out of your mouth it will be done.  That day is coming upon you!  It’s here!

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been under the strong dealings of God!  It’s not always been fun when you’re under His dealings, but after a while you’ll find yourself with a shout and a dance and you’re glad you were!  Especially since 2011, God has been dealing very strongly with me in regards to words, everything that comes out of my mouth and accountability for every word!  Yep, every word, and as you can see it lines right up with the profound statement that was made by Rachel Teafatiller and it lines up with the Word of God.  Matthew 12:36 (Amplified)  36 But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every [a]idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak.

The more I travel to the country of Haiti, the more I’ve discovered how important it is to learn the Haitian Creole language.  Learning this second language has opened a door to a whole new world for me!  Well, there’s a spiritual language that has done the very same thing for me!  I’m learning to do a lot more selective talking (about the right stuff) and to tame and discipline my tongue to say the right words.  A wise woman is looking for tomorrow and thinking about the impact and effect her actions and words today are going to have on her tomorrow.  What I say today frames my tomorrow!  The Word tells us what we say can mean life or death.  Those who speak with care will be rewarded (Proverbs 18:21 New Century) and I like rewards!  I like what the Message Bible vividly states, “…it’s your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words.”  

Astounding!  What a scripture!  This is so powerful!  This is how God created the universe and this is how the universe is presently being upheld – WORDS.  Hebrews says, He is upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power.  The Word of God framed the world you and I live in.  God said, then something came into being.  God’s voice always precedes his hand (Genesis 1:3).  Now ladies, we’re not creating planets, but we need to be creating something.  He’s waiting for us to speak and not rely on someone else to speak for us.  Just think, our voice will precede His mighty hand!  The Holy Spirit is still hovering and brooding over our life and our mouth, watching and waiting for us to say what God says.  Did you know that you’re a companion with the Holy Ghost (The Spirit of Truth) in the realms of God and He so desires to connect with the truth spoken from our mouth.  He’ll move on the Word that we speak and bring it to pass!  Just thinking about that, stirs me up about speaking!    

So, I’ve found myself not just saying everything I think these days.  I’m learning to control my soul (my responses, my mouth, my words) and consider my words more valuable and significant than ever!  I genuinely have an appreciation for how vital words are and I take them seriously.  My tongue is not just so I can express how I feel or think, although I love to express how I feel and think ~ especially to my husband!  I am a speaking spirit and the quality of my life is determined by my words!  So much is at stake, especially these days, and I refuse to allow unbelieving words to flow out of my mouth to give the enemy a license to operate – I can miss the perfect will of the enemy every day of my life if I choose words of life and not poison.  I can turn my life, my family, my business, my marriage, finances and any situation around with my mouth!   

I’d like to share some of the scriptures that I’ve meditated on for endless hours over the past two years.  This year, after much faith and patience, I’m seeing how my tongue has held the key and as I’ve used it lovingly, it did requite me!  (Proverbs 18:21 Knox)  I’m seeing the fruition of selective saying!  I’m living by every word that proceeds out of my mouth and I’m eating the fruit of those words!  Thank you, Rachel Teafatiller!   

So ladies, I trust you’re stirred up about speaking with a renewed fervor!  Together, let’s hold our words in the right direction and see things turn around!

Proverbs 16:24 (Amplified)
Proverbs 17:27-28 (Amplified)
Proverbs 17:27-28 (New English)
Proverbs 18:2 (New Living Translation)
Proverbs 18:20-21 (Amplified)
Proverbs 18:21 (Knox)


14 comments:

  1. Great article! Life changing illumination! You live what you teach! You are a blessed woman of God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my darling! I learned from the best, YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Althea Robinson-SingletonFebruary 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM

    Wow, what a wonderful, well written and anointed writing from an amazing Woman of God. This lesson is right on point. Your teachings are as powerful written as they are spoken. I will definitely study the above scriptures and keep them close to my heart. I am blessed to call you my Pastor! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and we are blessed to have you and your family as partners at OLCC!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, I copied the verses so I too can apply them to my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome Lois! In consistency, lies the power of the spoken word :)

      Delete
  5. Wow I did feel a stirring. Great lesson from an awesome woman of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Tami! We're stirred 'together' for an Ephesians 3:20 Year!

      Delete
  6. Awesome teaching! Grateful to have you as a role model in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent words to live by! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful words...thanks for sharing. Holding my Words in the right direction...very Powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! We'll hold our words together and share amazing testimonies for 2013!

      Delete