Print this post

12/11/13

Outrunning The Bees


Many years ago I must have used some type of hair product that attracted bees. One day I was walking down a street and I am not sure how many bees dove into my hair but, it seemed like a lot. I started running, but the funny thing was, I couldn't outrun the bees because they were all in my hair and I have thick hair.The buzzing was so loud near my ears I thought there must have been at least 10 bees. So I stopped and started shaking my head and eventually they all left. I am not normally afraid of bees but when so many come at you at once and get tangled in your hair, it is not fun. I could not out run the bees they were in my hair- so I had to stop and do something about it.  

Thoughts are sometimes like these bees - you have to do something about them- they are in your head. In Phil. 4:8, God's word tells us to think on what is "pure, holy, honest, just, of good report; if there be any praise, if there be any virtue, think on these things."  
Sometimes when things are going well this seems easier to do than when your facing challenges on every side or are hard pressed . Romans 8:6 says, "For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."  

Death in the Bible refers to separation from God, carnal minded thinking can actually separate us from God's best, His thoughts for our life.  But being spiritually minded or thinking how He thinks will bring life and peace. 

We cannot outrun thoughts they come to everyone, but you can decide what you will think about- and what you will have.  Sometimes thoughts are like those bees buzzing that you need to shake off by speaking what you know to be true in His word.  Thank God that that if you are in Christ you can renew your mind with His word, everyday choosing to bring down any thought that would try to exalt itself against the knowledge of His word, and in doing so live what Jesus came to give us, life and peace.  

One of the greatest areas that we can present ourselves a living sacrifice is in the area of our thoughts, choosing continually to not conform your thoughts to think like the world, with no faith or grace involved, but to be transformed to think His thoughts and walk out His will everyday. 

~Alexandra Fleege

No comments:

Post a Comment