Print this post

12/6/13

Shake Off The Buzz


The word of God tells us in 1 John 5:13-15  These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.  This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.…

Is He hearing you? Actually hearing your voice?

There are so many things in this life that fight for our attention.  As a Mom, I hear my name called no less than 30 times a day. I have work demands and deadlines, social media keeping me aware of every unimportant detail of everyones life, news headlines, and the list goes on. This constant buzz can lull us into a spiritual slumber. 

White noise or a buzz will make me sleepy. When I get sleepy, I get quiet. My husband would say this never happens...getting quiet that is. But I do.  I’ll even stop paying attention to what’s going on around me. He almost never wants to let me drive on long trips, for good reason.

It was early in the morning, around 5AM and the sun was just starting to rise. The sky was a soft shade of persimmon and rose. It was my shift on the long drive home from Oklahoma to Ohio. My friend had drifted off to sleep in the passenger seat and I was listening to the buzz of the tires turning on the road beneath.  We had just graduated from bible school and lots of changes where taking place in my life. I felt as though I was walking closer to the Lord than ever before. As I worshipped quietly along with the music playing on my stereo, I began to fall asleep. Never would I have thought or planned on falling asleep, but I did because I didn’t take into account the buzz that was playing like a lullaby in me ear. I was lulled to sleep. As the car began to head off the road down a steep hill, I heard the name “Jesus” and I woke up. I had just enough time to jerk the steering wheel hard, sending the car into a tailspin across the four lane highway towards the cement median. I yelled out “Jesus!” and the car stopped. As I looked around I saw that all four lanes of traffic had stopped far back as if at a stop light. Jesus woke me up and saved my life.

There are events, lives and even plans of God waiting,  maybe even headed over a deadly cliff, needing someone to wake up and speak the word of God over them. 

I encourage you and myself. Let’s not let the buzz of life lull us to sleep. 

Ephesians 5:13-15 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light. For this reason it says, “ Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you.”  Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,…

James 5:16 tells us, The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in it's working]. 

Listen to the leading of the Spirit of God inside. He is speaking.  Lift up your voice with confidence and be active in bringing the will and plans of heaven to the earth. God is listening. Let’s shake off the buzz and wake up! There is much to be done.

Hugs,Tamera Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment