Print this post

4/16/14

Carefree



Having an eight year old son I recently asked him, "what do I mean to you?" He said to me, "you're my girl of love, you take care of me mommy."  There are times when  l just sit around with my children and do what they are doing to enjoy them. And I want to enjoy them with all of my heart, to spend time with them, to play with them, to love them to regard them etc...I don’t want to miss anything, I want to be there for it all.  A few days ago my two children were playing with two other children and I just sat there and watched it for a little while, as I could see not one of the children had a care in the world, nothing- they were not thinking about anything, but what they were playing and having fun. 

I have become more aware, through this, how God wants us to be- He is our Father of love. He takes care of us, and He does not want us to have a care in this world or a concern- and to walk carefree all the time, not a care, not a concern.  He wants us to enjoy life everyday much like a child who doesn’t have a care in the world. This is how He wants us to be.  Casting our cares on the Lord is a once and for all proposition- why??  Because He cares for us!  Worry separates us from God as it is a sin.  Worry, cares, concerns, - all of it - separates us from Him, and He doesn’t want for us to be separate from Him. Our fellowship gets broken when we take the care- why?? Because of disobedience.  We are continually exhorted in His word, not to worry, not to take a care.

1 Peter 5:7 - "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

One of the definitions of care is: A burdened state of mind, as that arising from heavy responsibilities; worry.

Children that are well taken care of, are not in a burdened state of mind.  We are God’s children and we are well taken care of, if we will humbly submit ourselves to His word, and release the care, knowing that He is our Father of love, the one that takes care of us.

Philippians 4:6 tells us to “be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer.” In other words He wants us to talk to Him about everything.  Jesus said that the cares of this life would choke the word- the cares of this life choke the word to where it becomes unfruitful.

John 15:8 says that the Father is glorified when we bear fruit. The verse before this tells us how- by abiding in Him and letting His word abide in us. This equates to fruitfulness. I need to know once and for all how to cast my care on Him and not take it back; I desire to be fruitful.  Taking it back is where I have needed help the most- I have cast my care on Him and then something else comes up that I am tempted to take- but I don’t have to take it, if He has it, He has it, once and for all. Don’t take the care. 

Be like a child that is enjoying life knowing that they will be taken care of- because that is who He is, our Father of love -He cares for you! He wants to spend time with us, carefree enjoying His presence and His goodness in every way. Psalm 16 says that in the presence of the Lord there is fullness of Joy, this is what he wants- our joy full, no cares, no burdens- just His love and presence.

Alexandra Fleege

No comments:

Post a Comment