Print this post

7/17/14

I Am A Missionary

I am a missionary.

That’s who I am at the core of my being.  Even though my home is in the country of my birth, my heart encompasses the peoples of the world. 

I long for others to grasp that they will be accountable for harvest.  

Recently, I was looking for a good book that explains thoroughly how we are all called to love the world. I had difficulties finding the one that expressed my heart toward the faces I’ve seen & our responsibility to them; for we are all called to go.  Yes, that means different things to different people, yet the call remains the same.

“Go into all the world & preach the gospel to all creation.” Mk 16:15

This command is for all of us & we all are responsible to own it, though our feet may never leave our own soil.   In some way, we have to come face to face with this scripture & our part in its command.

For me, I’m the happiest when I’m on my way!  I remember the first time I took a missions trip.  I was 16 when I went to Brazil  & it was like putting on a suit that fit… I had found my destiny!

I purpose to live every day, well that’s my goal anyway, as if knowing Jesus will return soon.  I believe that’s how the disciples lived as well; it’s what spurred them on.  My heart cries out, “Come, Jesus!”  I know He answers back that He is coming:

He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon!" ~ Rev 22:20

All the while, I’ve seen the masses & I know the great work to be accomplished before He can return.  My own two feet have travelled through Asia, well over 200 hours on 2nd class Indian trains on one trip alone.  I’ve seen amount of people in so many countries that haven’t heard & wonder directionless or, worse, are worshipping a god that offers no loving relationship.

With so much work to be done, won’t it require more hands on deck?

My heart cries out, “How can I make a difference, I’m only one.”  Can I? Absolutely.  Can you? Yes!  Words comes back to me from a dear man who has given his all in the streets of New York City, “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the whole world.”

Most will never gather in the masses or preach to a crowded football field.  All of us can however live our life of love to the one who walks beside us.  For those people too far to physically reach, we can all pray & out of our generosity we can give.


Let’s let Jesus walk the earth again through us & feel His heart beat for the nations of the world.

You can be that one!  Will you pray?  Will you go? Will you give?

Together, let’s say “Yes, Lord.”

Judi Jo

















No comments:

Post a Comment