Print this post

7/27/14

Are You Hungry?




Our vacation was as normal as any other until she asked, "Are you a Christian"? The maid saw our Bible and a book by Kenneth Copeland next to our bed as she was cleaning our room and was brave enough to speak.  Every day thereafter when she finished work she came to our room with several women in tow just to hear more about Jesus.  She was HUNGRY for more of God! So hungry that she was willing to risk her job and chastisement from friends for fraternizing with the guests.  As we prayed over and encouraged those precious women with the Word I was overwhelmed and humbled that God could use me to minister to Christian sisters who had a much greater spiritual appetite than I.  After seeing their zeal I realized that I was hungry and thirsty for Him but didn't know it.  Yes, I love Jesus, and my lifestyle says that I love Him but somewhere along the way I had lost that deep hunger and longing of which David speaks in Psalm 42.  I had become a spiritual anorexic who was living off of yesterday's meal and was starving myself without realizing it.  

Anorexics go so long without food that their appetite decreases and they literally do not experience hunger.  In the same way when we don't feed our spirit man with the Word and have fellowship with the Father we will lose our appetite for His presence.  This puts us in a weakened condition with no strength to fight when the enemy strikes.  Luke 6:21 says, "Blessed are those who hunger and seek with eager desire now, for you shall be filled and completely satisfied".

Like me, are you hungry and don't know it?   If you will eagerly seek Jesus He will begin to revive your appetite.  As you sup with The Lord your hunger for Him will grow and He will fill you to overflowing.  I encourage you to not just live in a state of blind spiritual starvation but rather dine on His Word in His glorious presence.  Your joy will be unspeakable no matter what circumstances you may face.  Yes, it really is that simple!  Just seeking Him NOW will put you in a position to be filled and completely satisfied to do His will and purpose on the earth.  

Brooke Glass 









No comments:

Post a Comment