Print this post

6/1/11

By The Grace of God by Dawn White

By The Grace of God

Scripture:  2 Cor. 8:7b

  See that ye abound in this grace also.

I’ve heard the word grace defined a few different ways as I have listed below:

1)God’s unmerited favor
2)God blessing us with what we don’t deserve
3)God supplying what I’m lacking at any moment to be His ambassador

Regardless of the definition that you prefer, they all provide us with the message that we’re getting a blessing that we as humans could in no way earn.  A dear pastor friend of mine once shared a dream that she had where the multitudes of people were standing around the throne of God.  All at once, the hands of everyone stretched upward toward the Throne of God.  It was at that instant that everyone realized that all of their needs were met at the Throne of Grace.  

I’ve come to love that word.  As I’ve grown in my spiritual walk, I have come to better understand grace.  Although it is intangible, for me it represents a sweet, beautiful peace.  I now realize that grace brings victory in every area of my life.   When Jesus hung on that cross for 6 hours, He was the epitome of Grace.  Remember, grace supplies what you’re lacking at any moment, to serve God.  I love it…..I don’t deserve it, but I am very thankful for it.  

Most of us probably perceive grace as something that we are receiving from God, which is correct.  However, the above scripture says that we are to abound in grace.  The American Heritage Dictionary defines abound as being great in amount or fully supplied.  Thus, we are given a command to see that we are fully supplied in this grace.  Worded in this manner, it seems as though we have a responsibility to tap into the Grace of God.  

In Romans 5:2a it says – “through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.”  From this we see that we tap into the Grace of God by faith.  Just as we believe for healing or provision, we also believe for God’s grace, His unmerited favor.

In Ephesians 1:7 it says – “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.”  So if God has lavished His grace on us, then why do we need to stand in faith to receive it?  Just because God has given you something doesn’t mean that you are going to enjoy it.  He has given us many promises in the Word, but it is only by faith that we can cash in on those promises.  He has given (promised) us redemption and forgiveness of sins.  But we all know people who have not cashed in on this promise.  It is true, God has lavished His Grace on us, but we have to reach out and receive it by faith.

When is it that we need to tap into grace?  I believe that it is in all circumstances.  Almost daily I decree that I will do the day gracefully; that I will do it with excellence as an ambassador of Jesus Christ.  I do that because in Job it says that as you decree a thing, it shall be established unto you.  In faith, I decree that I will tap into the grace that God has lavished on me.

The apostle Paul wrote 2/3 of the New Testament.  Many of these books were letters to churches.  He often opened and closed his letters by bestowing God’s grace on the churches.  Why?  Because regardless of the need, God’s grace is sufficient.  Remember, as my pastor friend dreamed, every need is met at the Throne of Grace.  Tap into God’s grace and do each day gracefully in all areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment