Print this post

6/1/11

Make Your Daily Appointment by Kate Jones

Make Your Daily Appointment


Can you believe October is already here? This fall, many of you are already full speed with ball games, special projects and family events.  Before you know it, Christmas will have come and gone and we will be celebrating the New Year!   Time goes by so fast these days, we barely have time to look back at our accomplishments and enjoy the fruit of our labor.  Sometimes, in the hustle and bustle of things, we even forget why we exist and we neglect what is most important to us. 

In America we have “to do” list on our wallets, in our phones and all over our walls.  We email, text message, shop online, eat in our cars on the way to our next appointment before we race home for a soccer game, then dinner and our list goes on.  We are corporate dads and super moms.  Even my seventy four year old grandmother has a full schedule!  

God knew ahead of time that we were going to attempt to conquer the world all in one day when He said:

“Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).

Sometimes I lose sight of why I am here.  I get so busy trying to “do” I forget who I’m working for and how much of a strength He is to me.  I forget that when I spend time with Him, there is rest, plus I accomplish more!     

I encourage you this week, to make daily appointments with God.  Allow God to amaze you with His light and easy yoke! 

No comments:

Post a Comment