Print this post

6/1/11

I Am Only One by Daphne Delay

I Am Only One


I AM ONLY ONE, BUT STILL I AM ONE. 

I CANNOT DO EVERYTHING, BUT STILL I CAN DO SOMETHING. 

YET BECAUSE I CANNOT DO EVERYTHING, 
I WILL NOT REFUSE TO DO THE SOMETHING THAT I CAN DO.
(Author Unknown) 


God has given you and I a voice.  Yet often, we judge the power of our voice by the size of our audience.  I want to challenge that kind of thinking.  It is not the size of our audience that determines the effectiveness of our voice; it is the power behind our "combined" voices that ultimately makes the difference.  In other words, if we are all saying the same thing then there is power in our agreement.

The problem lies in silence.  We must remember SILENCE IS AGREEMENT.  

Jesus said, "For false christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God’s chosen ones)" (Matthew 24:24, Amplified).  We have often thought prophets were those who carried a Bible and preached from behind pulpits.  But that is not always the case.  The definition of a prophet is a spokesperson for a particular doctrine, cause, or movement; a person regarded as, or claiming to be, an inspired teacher or leader. Defined in this manner, we might want to step back and look around. 

Some false prophets have a congregation whether or not they have a pulpit or a Bible. They are leaders among us who are speaking things which are contrary to the Word of God.  I will admit it is not always easy to discern, but the scriptures clearly say "...no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit" (1 Corinthians 12:3).   Therefore, this should be our first indication whether something is of God, or not of God.  But when imposters use words like "God" or "Holy Spirit" in their language, the naive and ignorant fall for it assuming their lingo indicates truth.

I recently heard of a celebrity who is endorsing New Age teaching and I am so grieved by it because of their mass following.  People will follow this because it is disguised as something good for them; something spiritual. The naive and the ignorant are the ones in the most danger.  God said, "My  people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." (Hosea 4:6). That's all ignorance is… a lack of knowledge.  The devil is having a hay-day with people's ignorance!

But I thank God He has given you and I a voice.  I refuse to hear of deception and say nothing.  It is time we rise up and use our God-given authority to speak the truth, and speak it loud.  Do not think that because you are only one person with a small audience, that your voice cannot make a difference.  The devil would like you to believe that lie, but it is far from the truth!  Your voice, plus my voice, plus another's voice, begins to multiply in number and in strength.  Sure, my drop in the bucket may not look like much, but combined with your drop in the bucket it may have just increased by 50%.  

My point is that we are all called to be preachers of Righteousness.  I may just be one, but because I am only one is no reason to remain silent. There are lives at stake.  God is longsuffering, not desiring anyone to perish—how about me?  If my voice keeps one from perishing, and your voice keeps one from perishing, will it make a difference?  I dare say it makes a BIG difference!  We know that the enemy disguises himself as an angel of light and a minister of righteousness for one purpose: "...to steal, to kill, and to destroy" (John 10:10). I refuse to stand by and let him sway the masses just because I’m unsure what difference I am making.

You and I can make a difference.  But only if we speak up; and only if we do something!  


I AM ONLY ONE, BUT STILL I AM ONE. 

I CANNOT DO EVERYTHING, BUT STILL I CAN DO SOMETHING. 

YET BECAUSE I CANNOT DO EVERYTHING, 
I WILL NOT REFUSE TO DO THE SOMETHING THAT I CAN DO. 


Never forget it!  God gave you a pulpit.  It may not look like mine, but you have one.  God has given each of us our own little corner of the world to touch.  And Jesus expressly told us to GO into our world and speak up!  I promise it will make a difference— lives are at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment