Print this post

6/1/11

The Governor by Alexandra Fleege

The Governor

I go and never stop
Everyone looks to me to see
However I cannot see I can only tell
What is it that I tell? 
All day long, all night long
I tell, with a bird, with a bell, with a song
I tell all day long

I move people, I move things,  
They all revolve around me
From the day they arrive until the day they are gone
They will all look to me
Everyday some will look to me all day long
Some wish they could push me back
Oh, how they long to push me back
However I can never go back- just forward
That’s the only direction I know- forward

Some would like to push me faster others slower
And indeed to some I go fast and to some turtle speed
The most famous one of me resides in a city made for kings
And people look up to see, yes almost everyone knows Ben

I am a clock and I tell time,
So I will now let Time speak:

Sailors made my home in Greenwich long ago they say
And clocks the world over my orders obey
Some people are right on me
Others always behind me

I seemingly govern the realm you know 
Will I be gone one day?
Oh, I think so
One day I will be no more
I will marry eternity and it will not just be me

So make every decision wisely, you see if you waste me
You cannot replace me, nor buy me; some borrow me for a while
I can be on your side or I can be against you
I can be your friend or an enemy
It is all how you see me

You cannot live in my past as some would like
You cannot live in my future as some would dream
What you have is now
So enjoy what you have
Every opportunity freely take  and please do not waste
Neglected opportunities bring regret
Do not neglect ,you will have no regret
Time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment