Print this post

5/1/11

Gourmet Coffee - European Style


Gourmet Coffee - European Style!




Is there anything quite like a good cup of coffee?  Well, I was never too fond of it until we lived in Spain & I was introduced to cafe con leche (coffee with milk)!  Mmmm... my life was never quite the same!  Not only was the coffee amazing, but so was the atmosphere that went along with the cup.  Friends taking time to be together as they sat around a quaint outdoor table, simply enjoying life.  

I quickly learned how to make this easy cup of coffee right at home & you won't even miss the expensive machines!  Time & time again, friends come over & can't leave my house without experiencing a good ol' European cup of coffee!

So... here is the secret!  First, use your favorite fresh ground beans & brew it right in your old coffee maker.  Here comes the new idea... make the coffee extra strong (at least 2 extra heaping spoonfuls), because we are filling 1/3 or more of the cup with warm milk!  That's right, simple huh!  The Spaniards warm up their milk on the stove, I just use the microwave, & put it in their favorite creamer.  Forget the American splash of 1/2 & 1/2 or the, oh, so dreaded Carnation instant creamer! I have even been known to heat up whipping cream, but you can use 1/2 & 1/2 or milk.

Now, lets finish it with style!  I've become quite addicted to stevia, but my coffee is just not quite the same without about 2 spoonfuls of brown sugar, a pile of ReddiWip (don't go with generic, at it evaporates too quickly) and  sprinkles of cinnamon!

Simply delightful.  If I close my eyes, I'm back in my favorite city of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment